Presidential Speech

If I were Barack Obama, this is the speech I would have given at the inauguration. Although I would’ve made it longer but we had to present them in class and we only had two minutes to. So… here it is: 

Thank you fellow citizens. Standing up here today feels like I’m about to start something, something that will change America. And we will change America, together. We are in the middle of an economic crisis and a war. People are risking their lives for our country. People are risking their lives for us. It seems like the harder we try, the worse things get. But it will get better. We will make it better for everyone. All for one and one for all. Everyone is free and everyone deserves to be safe and happy. We are here not just for the presidential inauguration, but to start fresh. We need to clean our slates of the past and begin to create a better future. We the people of the United States of America need to join as one. All it takes is one small step and soon enough that one becomes millions. We must do this for ourselves, for our neighbors, and for our country. Neighbor to neighbor and friend to friend. Enemies will end their rivalries, the poor will have food to eat, and we will have peace, once and for all.

Tell me what you think. Would I make a good president? Then check out this website and visit some of the blogs in the blogroll for more speeches. They are awesome you have to see them.

http://pbogush.edublogs.org/

2 thoughts on “Presidential Speech

1. Hi Megan!!

Yes, you would make a wonderful president! Lol… So, would you want to be the president? I really don’t think I would want to!

Lauren 🙂